CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The OCW Universia project provides member institutions with technical assistance for setting up the management and publication platform for its subjects which constitutes the OCW site for each University.
This assistance consists fundamentally of the availability to technical departments of a complete content management system based on eduCommons, an Open Source project developed by The Center for Open and Sustainable Learning at the Utah State University, specifically for the creation of OCW projects.
The main features of the content management system are:
- Clear and simple process for creating categories and course in order to add material.
- The inclusion of metadata in the classification process and storage and publication formats.
- The option of flexible content structuring.
- Full HTML editing support.
- Option of adding content by importing a compressed “.zip” file.
- Full metadata management and management of imports and exports in standard format:
- Specification based on the Standards IEEE 1484.12.1-2002 Learning Object Metadata Standard (IEEE LOM) and ISO 15836 Dublin Core Metadata (Dublin Core).
- Import/Export of courses and material in IMS packages.
- Option of accessing content via RSS sources.
- Full workflow management via role and status.
- Inclusion of intellectual property and user licence management mechanisms.
- Easy implementation and personalisation; specifically, the adaptation to the institutional image of each University.
A set of user and administration manuals is also provided, together with a standard pack for importing the subject template and on-line technical support.